What Are Invisalign Attachments?
One of the keys to successful Invisalign Orthodontic treatment is the use of Invisalign Attachments (also known as … Invisalign Studs … Bumps … ‘Invisalign Braces’ …Things …) They are, specifically, small bumps or shapes of orthodontic bonding material that stay on the teeth during Invisalign Orthodontic treatment. The size and shape depends on the type of movement required for that specific tooth. (Below is example of what the actual Invisalign Attachments looks like from one of our patients. As you can see, there are attachments placed and removed without leaving any marks on the teeth).
Invisalign Attachments are small shapes of orthodontic composite tooth colored dental material similar to dental fillings that are bonded on teeth during the duration of your treatment. Invisalign Patients can brush, eat and floss like normal with Invisalign Attachments. These invisalign attachments are not supposed to stain even after years of being bonded. Ethnic foods seem not to stain attachments, however, persistent coffee and tea drinkers have shown to have light dark circles where the attachments and teeth meet.
Do I Really Need Invisalign Attachments?
Not all teeth require invisalign attachments. Teeth with greater difficulty of movement generally attachments more than teeth that have more predictable movements. Your Invisalign Orthodontist would be best at letting you know whether or not attachments are necessary on certain teeth.
Do Invisalign Attachments Damage My Teeth?
If done correctly, Invisalign attachments should not damage the teeth.
Even Celebrities have Invisalign Attachments …
Elin Nordegren had Invisalign attachments on her front teeth during a photoshoot with People Magazine in August 2010. She is pictured here in with an Invisalign Attachment upper left canine tooth.
Invisalign at Passamano Orthodontics
- Dr. James and Dr. Robert are one of just 10 members of the Orange County Advanced Invisalign Study Club, comprised of OC’s top Invisalign Doctors.
- Passamano Orthodontics is an Elite Preferred Invisalign Provider, which means we are among the top level Invisalign Doctors.
- 2014: Drs. Robert and James Passamano will be awarded a Top 100 Invisalign Doctor at the November 2014 Invisalign World Conference. This distinction was based solely on case results voted by orthodontic colleagues. Passamano Orthodontics had 3 separate patient cases in the Top 100 Invisalign.
- 2014: Accelerated Invisalign Treatment: We offer an Accelerated Orthodontics treatment modality to decrease treatment time by 38-50%.
- 2013: Passamano Orthodontics was awarded the 2013 Invisalign Award for clinical efficiency and complex treatment cases. (Pictured to the right with Invisalign Representatives)
- 2012: Dr. Robert earned 2nd Place in the 2012 Invisalign Gallery Competition.
- 2012: Dr. James was invited and received special training at the Invisalign Headquarters in Costa Rica.
- 2012: Passamano Orthodontics uses the Invisalign Tooth Scanner, which increases efficiency and better fitting trays
- 2010: Dr. James was featured in the 2010 Invisalign Gallery of top Invisalign results.